[Excerpt] In the event of a funding gap, the potential impacts of a government shutdown will depend on a program’s or agency’s specific circumstances and how relevant law is interpreted. The following table provides names and contact information for CRS experts on policy concerns relating to funding gaps and the processes and effects that may be associated with a government shutdown.
Policy areas identified include
• cross-cutting shutdown issues;
• domestic social policy-related programs and agencies;
• foreign affairs, defense, and trade-related programs and agencies;
• general government-related programs and agencies; and
• resources, science, and technology-related programs and agencies.