[Excerpt] This report examines the labor rights situation in Oman. The labor rights taken into consideration include those rights defined as “core labor standards” by section 2113 of the Trade Act:
- The right of association;
- The right to organize and bargain collectively;
- A prohibition on the use of any form of forced or compulsory labor;
- A minimum age for the employment of children;
- and Acceptable conditions of work with respect to minimum wages, hours of work, and occupational safety and health.
Because of the emphasis in the Trade Act on the elimination of the worst forms of child labor, this report has broadened the discussion to include not only minimum age for employment of children but also the effective elimination of the worst forms of child labor.