This report examines the labor rights situation in Peru. The labor rights taken into consideration are those identified as internationally recognized labor rights in the definition of “labor law” under Chapter 17 of the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement. They are:
- freedom of association;
- the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labor;
- the effective abolition of child labor, a prohibition on the worst forms of child labor, and other labor protections for children and minors;
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation; and
- acceptable conditions of work with respect to minimum wages, hours of work, and occupational safety and health.