- The Pantawid Pamilya conditional cash transfer program reached more than 4.4 million poor families in 2014.
- Rigorous impact evaluation in 2012 and 2014 confirms that Pantawid Pamilya improves access to health services, keeps children in school, reduces child labor, and does not encourage dependency.
- The Listahanan poverty targeting system is among the best in the world and ensures that benefits reach the poorest.
- ADB’s Social Protection Support Project supports grants to nearly 640,000 poor households in selected areas.
- Policy and operational challenges include adjusting the benefit levels to account for inflation, and ensuring sufficient and high quality education and health services.