This annual report covers several issues related to the length of working time in the European Union and Norway in 2013. It is based mainly on contributions from the national correspondents to Eurofound’s European Industrial Relations Observatory (EIRO). This edition includes data from Croatia, which became a Member State on 1 July 2013. The report looks specifically at:
- average weekly working hours set by collective agreements, both economy-wide and for three specific sectors: chemicals, the retail trade and the civil service;
- statutory limits on weekly and daily working time;
- average actual weekly working hours;
- annual leave entitlements, as set by collective agreements and law;
- estimates of average collectively agreed annual working time.