A collection of reflections on the first fifty years of the School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University. Compiled by Robert B. McKersie, J. Gormly Miller, Robert L. Aronson, and Robert R. Julian. Edited by Elaine Gruenfeld Goldberg.
It was the hope of the compilers that the reflections contained in this book would both kindle memories of the school and stimulate interest on the part of future generations of "ILRies" who have not yet shared in its special history.
Dedicated to the Memory of J. Gormly Miller, 1914-1995.
© Copyright 1996 by Cornell University. All rights reserved.
Submissions from 1996
Appendix C: Faculty Publication, Robert L. Aronson and J. Gormly Miller
9. Parts of the Whole, Lois Gray, Gordon Law, Charlotte Gold, Leonard P. Adams, Donald E. Cullen, ILR Review Board of Editors, Lawrence Williams, James E. McPherson, and Karin S. Ash
10. The Academic Departments, Harry Katz, Isadore Blumen, Bob Aronson, Ron Ehrenberg, Frank B. Miller, and Larry Williams
12. The Future Lies Ahead (With Apology to Mort Sahl), David B. Lipsky
1. Introduction, David B. Lipsky
5. The John McConnell Era, John W. McConnell, Charles Arthur, George Hildebrand, Alison McKersie, Bob Raimon, and Harry T. Edwards
The ILR School at Fifty: Voices of the Faculty, Alumni & Friends (Full Text), Robert B. McKersie, J. Gormly Miller, Robert L. Aronson, Robert R. Julian, and Elaine Gruenfeld Goldberg
Cover, Dedication, Preface, Contents, Robert B. McKersie, J. Gormly Miller, Robert L. Aronson, Robert R. Julian, and Elaine Gruenfeld Goldberg
7. The 1970s, Robert McKersie, Eric Jensen, William F. Whyte, Paul Yager, Jack Sheinkman, Harold Newman, Robert Helsby, Fran Hardin, and Connie Varcasia
Appendix A : Time Line, Events, Incidents, and Items of Note, J. Gormly Miller, Boodie N. McGinnis, and Robert R. Julian
2. Establishment of the School, J. Gormly Miller, Emmet O'Brien, and Milton R. Konvitz
6. The 1960s, David Moore, Robert Helsby, Joan Greenspan, Richard Hoffman, Eileen Barkas Hoffman, Carolyn J. Jacobson, and Francine Blau
3. Launching the New Enterprise, Emmet O'Brien; Jean McKelvey; Maurice F. Neufeld; Leonard P. Adams; William F. Whyte; Marcia L. Greenbaum; David Lipsky; Thomas H. Patten, Jr.; John N. Raudabaugh; Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld; Bryant Robey; Gladys Gershenfeld; James A. Gross; Charles Arthur; Sidney Hook; and Milton R. Konvitz
8. The 1980s, Charles Rehmus, Robert E. Doherty, James Huttar, Charles S. DeAngelo, and John M. Baitsell
11. Looking Back, Vicki Saporta, Stanley Aiges, Jack Sheinkman, Walton Burdick, Jack Golodner, Robert H. Bluestein, Susan Glycopantis, Jerome Alpern, and Robert Aronson
4. The School Develops, Jacob Seidenberg, Chris Argyris, Eric Jensen, Paul Yager, Robert Raimon, Charles Arthur, Marcia L. Greenbaum, Emmet O'Brien, Maurice Neufeld, John W. McConnell, George Hildebrand, Milton R. Konvitz, Frank Miller, John Windmuller, and Ron Donovan