Today’s learning trends show that with more information and technology available, a globalized workforce, and a changing way we learn, corporate learning particularly manager training needs to meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge should be on demand
- Information needs to be tailored to individual’s specific needs
- Learning should be embedded into business processes
- Employees should be able to collaborate to boost learning
- There needs to be confidence in the reliability and quality of the information being used.
To meet these needs, successful leadership programs should have a balanced approach. Blended Learning programs include formal training, whether that’s classroom, virtual, or micro-learning, along with informal training through on-the-job experience. A synergistic cycle between formal and informal will generate more learning as new concepts are tested in real situations. Consider several approaches for more effective blended learning